Feb 28, 2014

Review: Gibbin House


Gibbin House
Gibbin House by Carola Perla

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Gibbin House by Carola Perla is one if my favorite historical novels. It surrounds a group if educated men rooming in a huge home in Europe around the World War era. I loved the old world setting and the way the housemates had a stiff / formal friendship of that time. I loved the historical details included. The story was heart wrenching in places, and beautifully played through friendship, rivalry, jealousy, kindness, war, secrets, & eventually love." ~ MoonShineArtSpot
[...]

The book was so calm & relaxing to read and I felt as if I were a fly in the wall as the characters played out their days. There were a lot of laughs. (I have a dry humor I have been told). I found it both amusing and loved imagining housemates in a huge home with other educated "friends". They seemed to have a bit of sibling rivalry although they were grown & not siblings. I really did not expect the ending to work out like it did, I truly did not care if it ended at all.

I was given a free copy of the book for an honest review and featured it on my blog http://MoonShineArtSpot.blogspot.com



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...