Aug 29, 2014

Review: You


You
You by Caroline Kepnes

My rating: 5 of 5 stars




Description

Love hurts…

When aspiring writer Guinevere Beck strides into the East Village bookstore where Joe works, he’s instantly smitten. Beck is everything Joe has ever wanted: She’s gorgeous, tough, razor-smart, and as sexy as his wildest dreams.

Beck doesn’t know it yet, but she’s perfect for him, and soon she can’t resist her feelings for a guy who seems custom made for her. But there’s more to Joe than Beck realizes, and much more to Beck than her oh-so-perfect façade. Their mutual obsession quickly spirals into a whirlwind of deadly consequences . . .

A chilling account of unrelenting passion, Caroline Kepnes’s You is a perversely romantic thriller that’s more dangerously clever than any you’ve read before.



REVIEW:

Oh my God. Joe seemed like such a nice / normal guy that I could find myself relating to then BAM. I mean who among us hasn't driven by a place or accidentally - on purpose put ourselves in the direct line of our crush? That's normal right?

I was given this book free for an honest review and I honestly could not stop reading it. Joe would seem like any ole "regular Joe" one minute then he gets closer & closer to that invisible CRAZY line. STALKER NUT! At times I wanted to choke Beck myself for being one of those up on the air folks lol.

The truly horrific part of this book is that it happens every day with guys (and girls) that seem perfectly normal and honestly most people can see parts of the self in Joe's actions, then he goes a lot too far. I kept finding myself saying, "No Joe, don't do it" because I was completely cheering for him to get the girl, or a better one in places.

This book kept me glued to the pages and hoping for Joe's redemption to the end.... Wonderfully addictive read! Action packed and so too close to Mandy's reality.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...