Sep 5, 2014

Review: Day 21


Day 21
Day 21 by Kass Morgan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I am reviewing The 100 & Day 21 both because my opinion applies to both books equally.

Once I began the books that I received free for an honest review, I already knew there was a TV series based on the book before I began reading it. I had never saw the TV series though. After reading this book, I became interested to know about the series. The book is better than the series. I could actually understand the book better than I could the series. The TV series isn't going on the same line as the book which makes me nuts. Perhaps if I hadn't read the books first I'd like the TV show better.

The books were a little too lovey in places. These teens have risked their lives & safety to be together, but then they near instantly fall for someone else? Heck maybe that's teens tho ..haha. I did like the general idea of the books (plot, setting, etc.).

I would like to have heard a little more about every day on the space ship. It was apparently very restricted and somewhat segregated (good neighborhood / bad, snobs etc... Pretty much that hadn't changed).

I enjoyed reading the teen's descriptions / first impressions of Earth. It kind of makes you want to go outside and be thankful we have a beautiful Earth now that we need to protect to keep that way. A reminder that we all get so busy that we forget to look at the beauty all around us. I was given these books to provide an honest review / opinion on.

I think I will continue to watch the TV series even though I didn't like it as much as the books just to see what happens.
The books were both worth the read even though the teens seem more worried about love and smoochie than survival and forming a relationship with the survivors already on Earth, but they are teens so what do you expect.


BOOK DESCRIPTION: for The 100

In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.

BOOK DESCRIPTION FOR: Day 21

No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.
It's been 21 days since the hundred landed on Earth. They're the only humans to set foot on the planet in centuries...or so they thought. Facing an unknown enemy, Wells attempts to keep the group together. Clarke strikes out for Mount Weather, in search of other Colonists, while Bellamy is determined to rescue his sister, no matter the cost. And back on the ship, Glass faces an unthinkable choice between the love of her life and life itself.
In this pulse-pounding sequel to Kass Morgan's The 100, secrets are revealed, beliefs are challenged, and relationships are tested. And the hundred will struggle to survive the only way they can -- together.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...