Oct 1, 2014

Review: Angry Birds Comics Volume 1: Welcome to the Flock


Angry Birds Comics Volume 1: Welcome to the Flock
Angry Birds Comics Volume 1: Welcome to the Flock by Jeff Parker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



REVIEW:

Who would have thought the crazy game my son showed me on the iPhone years ago was going to BOOM, and take shake up the world in such a way. Angry birds from video game to toys, shirts, stuffed animals, cars, and on, and on, and on . . . COMIC BOOK. Of course our little strange characters need personalities, and not only personalities, but they have a story to tell. Apparently many stories filled with action and mischief.

I was given this book free of charge to provide an honest review of. As usual, when I am awarded a children's book for review I ask my right hand man's opinion. My right hand man, also known as my 9 year old son Drew, said, "OH COOL". Yes that is a good first reaction. Drew continued to read the book, laugh out loud often, and then request a printed copy for later rereading. What great feedback.

I thought the funny looking birds and pigs were very humorous. I thought the comic wonderfully written and drawn. It was appropriate to it's target audience (big kids / adults) and will provide hours of entertainment. I remain in awe at the marketing behind this whole product, or was it just an accident that these birds and pigs be came so famous??



BOOK DESCRIPTION:

The Angry Birds are on the move by air, land, and sea in this exciting volume that collects the first four issues of the series! Join Eisner-nominated creators Jeff Parker and Paul Tobin as they lead the flock through wild adventures across the birds' island home. Enjoy the sights and sounds of Piggyland, the funnest place on the planet! Discover the plots of the deceptive pigs as they attempt to swipe a nest-full of eggs! Feel the action as the Angry Birds crash through every page! See it all in this awesome collection based on the best-selling game!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...