Mar 22, 2015

Review: Pines


Pines
Pines by Blake Crouch

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



book description:

The international runaway bestseller is now a Major Television Event from executive producer M. Night Shyamalan, starring Matt Dillon and premiering on FOX May 14th.

Read Books 2 and 3 in the Trilogy, WAYWARD and THE LAST TOWN, available now for download via NetGalley.

Secret service agent Ethan Burke arrives in Wayward Pines, Idaho, with a clear mission: locate and recover two federal agents who went missing in the bucolic town one month earlier. But within minutes of his arrival, Ethan is involved in a violent accident. He comes to in a hospital, with no ID, no cell phone, and no briefcase. The medical staff seems friendly enough, but something feels…off. As the days pass, Ethan’s investigation into the disappearance of his colleagues turns up more questions than answers. Why can’t he get any phone calls through to his wife and son in the outside world? Why doesn’t anyone believe he is who he says he is? And what is the purpose of the electrified fences surrounding the town? Are they meant to keep the residents in? Or something else out? Each step closer to the truth takes Ethan further from the world he thought he knew, from the man he thought he was, until he must face a horrifying fact—he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive.

2013 International Thriller Award Nominee


Review:

I absolutely loved this book immediately. I also loved book 2 & 3. There are so many twists and turns which leave very confused Secret service agent Ethan Burke at the edge of sanity. The picture perfect town is of course too good to be true, but who dares y anything. I wonder if I might like it myself as a little vacation from reality for a few days (definitely not reality though). The mystery and sheer confusion / weirdness (as in Stepford perfect weirdness) peeks its head immediately.

I was provided this copy to provide an hinest review of and it is one of the best books I have read in the past few years. I was immediately sucked in my the mystery and obvious "just too perfect" small town which you can not leave. So strange and the 2nd & 3rd book just continue to drag you into the story as fast as you can possibly read.

I can not wait for the TV event. I have previously read that TV shows were based on this same concept several years back. I am looking forward to the shows, and highly recommend the books for the excitement, human survival instinct, and the lengths some people will go to in order to get what they want.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...