Apr 24, 2017

Review: Room of Shadows

Room of Shadows Room of Shadows by Ronald Kidd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW:

Room of Shadows, by Ronald Kidd, is a great middle grade read. I would have fallen in love with this as a teen or preteen. The story touches on bullying and anger control in hard times with  many elements of scary - age appropriate horror. The story is great if you are a Poe fan, but even if you aren't, you (or your child) can be entertained and excited throughout David's journey with the supernatural, ghost, spirit, or whatever it is that seems to be setting him up at school.

Fast paced, a bit creepy, mysterious, .... A great middle grade read. I am quite a leap above middle grade, and I enjoyed it. I would have loved it when I was in school too. I also have to say that I love the cover art.

Highly recommend.



BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Ever since his dad left, David Cray has had anger issues. So after he beats up school bully Jake Bragg, his mom grounds him in their creepy new house. Bored, David discovers a secret room with an old-fashioned desk, a chest, and a carving of a raven. Suddenly he's having strange dreams about the room and the house, and violence seems to follow him wherever he goes. Who is the Raven who is taking responsibility for these violent pranks? And why do the pranks resemble Poe's stories?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...