May 22, 2012

The Soulkeepers G.P. Ching

The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers, #1)The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book. This young boy's devotion to find his missing mother at all costs was so touching. He had lost his whole known family, other than the uncle and his family who reluctantly took him in. There were strange circumstances surrounding his mother's supposed death. His pain, loss, determination, and anger after losing his family feels so believable and understandable. His humor and sarcasm, found in most 15 year olds, adds the right amount of ease to the heavy scenes & made me smile & laugh. I could relate to similar feelings as a teen. After meeting his new neighbor, he was presented with this unbelievable "fantasy" world that ended up being his only chance at helping his missing mother. Except the world was not fantasy at all. It is his new life & he has a helper to get him through this new world of excitement & surreal experiences to help him discover who he really is. The descriptions are so vivid that I felt as if I was actually in the garden with him. At the time i read this, I hadn't read a "teen" book in a while, but this was so much more. It wasn't just a supernatural teen book, it dealt with real loss and related feelings. The supernatural elements kept me wanting to know what was up next & I guess now I have to get the rest of the books in the series. It was a real page turner. He had a bit of a chip on his shoulder in the beginning, but with help, and good leadership, he found his way and his true goodness, loyalty, and amazing powers saved the day in the end. Until next time any way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...