May 9, 2013

Review: Entangled


Entangled
Entangled by Nikki Jefford

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really like the originality d the idea of this YA read. Graylee & her twin Charlean are opposites and Charlean (the wild, gossip, trashy one causes Graylee serious problems considering they are both witches. The book starts with some excitement and tension between Graylee & a warlock Rji (bad boy) she goes to school with. She does not like him & even though they (some witches & warlocks from the same coven) go to high school together, Graylee has a no dating warlocks rule. Graylee has a very selfish sister who has played a cruel trick by blocking Graylee's magic for years. Days after Graylee finds out something even worse happens & she finds herself having to share the body of her twin sister every other day & pretend to be Charlean.

I like that the witches live in our "real" world by rules and fit in as normal people. This story has paranormal, mystery, budding friendships, and enough twists to keep me wondering which bad boy was good & who would save the day once things started to get deadly at the end. I was excited to see how Graylee's friends would figure out that she was in her sister's body, but she just told them which was NOT near as fun nor thrilling, but other than that I liked what I read.

I enjoyed the ending and give the book 4 of 5 stars. It was a good YA read well written in a way that kept me guessing & wanting to know what was coming up next. I liked that it was not outlandishly unrealistic.. It was somewhat believable which makes a supernatural type tale better.

I was provided this book free by a publisher for an honest review and was in no way paid to endorse the book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...