Nov 23, 2013

Review: The Last Keeper's Daughter


The Last Keeper's Daughter
The Last Keeper's Daughter by Rebecca Trogner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really enjoyed this book that was provided to me by the publisher for review & blog / marketing purposes. I loved the main character to begin with. So independent and sensible. She was a good person despite her mother dying when she was young and her father being quite distant since.

Her keeper (a vampire) enters pretty quickly as her protector from situations she does not even know exists. We also have the second story of the detective trying to discover the criminals in a horrible murder. Soon they all end up in the same place / home actually fighting evil forces that it takes the detective a minute to accept as real. One of the best things about the story is the detective's humor in the situations and his reactions to all the strange creatures that come into play.

I expected a love every after kind of ending and was very surprised about that. Actually I felt very sorry for our vampire protector & didn't respect the girl as much at the end. She basically became a different person of sorts. I am not sure if it was intentional, or just inconsistent character representation.

It was worth reading mostly because of the hilarious detective's observations...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...