Nov 18, 2013

Review: Sometimes Just One is Just Right


Sometimes Just One is Just Right
Sometimes Just One is Just Right by Gayle Byrne

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I was immediately attracted to this book because of it's beautifully illustrated cover & title. I was granted a copy from NetGalley for review. I loved it. At times I was an only child and my son is also an only child with a half brother visiting regularly. I could relate to the book myself & so could my son.

The book is a wonderful story that highlights the benefits if being the only child even though it is often boring and lonely. My son has asked us to adopt a boy his age so he'd have a brother his age to play with. Haha. My son, as well as many only children do not realize that families with multiple children aren't necessarily better.

I appreciate that the story successfully shines a positive light on various types of family life and helps only children to see the benefits of their family that aren't present in a multi child family. Sometimes boredom makes a child want many around, but extra parental attention & "goodies" would have to be spread thinner. There are benefits to both types of situations and it is all explained in a reassuring and loving manner.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...