May 16, 2014

Review: Numbed!


Numbed!
Numbed! by David Lubar

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I loved the cover of this book, but once I began reading it I did not think the story would hold a young reader's attention with the "math" if they had preconceived issues with not being good at math. I understand that the intent was to show math's importance in every day life, and hopefully make math more interesting, which in itself is a huge job. Adding fun and adventure to the math was a definite step in the right direction.

I have read a few of David Lubar's books and found them funny and entertaining. This story of a huge math emergency was also entertaining, but still may not make every reader a math fan. Perhaps the absolute importance of knowing math may be made evident via the story mishaps and "problems solved".

As entertaining and fun as math can be. Awesome effort. Likely a better read for children who are already pretty good at math, but still packed with fun and action.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...