May 28, 2014

Review: Under the Ice


Under the Ice
Under the Ice by Rachel A. Qitsualik

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This short children's story was interesting to me because it is from a different country / region and is somewhat of a fairy tale ~ folk tale. I greatly appreciate tales like that which have been passed on for years.

The story also has the element if teaching a moral story ... Perhaps be careful what you wish for (when the grandmother wished her grandson be taken away out if anger), and even that people (the child) can come to love others as family if they are given live and respect even if they are not blood related, nor even the same species in this situation.

It us good to keep takes and lessons alive through the ages and I appreciate that I was given an advance copy of this book for an honest review. A very good lesson to be learned in this old tale.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...