Mar 17, 2015

Review: The Lurking Season


The Lurking Season
The Lurking Season by Kristopher Rufty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The Lurking Season is the first Kristopher Ruffy book I have read. It was written in a way that I did not even realize I was reading book 2 until much later. Great stand alone read if necessary. I was provided this book to give an honest review of.

The book completely blew me away with the explicit gore and horror. At first I wasn't sure if the "tales" were true, or if it was just going to be a little scary. Complete gore, horror, gross, shocking descriptions that are truly worthy of nightmares.

The creatures ... evil Haunchies will definitely come to mind during my next camp out or hike! They tore up the characters and left me drained just hoping for my favorites to get away. Absolutely for anyone who wants a little blood, guts, gore, and cruelty.



BOOK DESCRIPTION:

The legends were true. The creatures were real. And now they’re back!

People have whispered about the tiny humanoid creatures in the woods and cornfields of Doverton for decades. Three years ago a wildfire devoured much of the rural village, but as the ashes were cleared, more questions were uncovered—including abandoned houses, missing people and dead bodies. Since the fire seemed to wipe out the majority of the town’s woodland acres, the murmurs about the creatures have gone quiet. The residents have begun to rebuild their lives, trying to forget about the tragedy that nearly killed them all. Yet the mysteries remained unsolved.

Now a group of people will go there with good intentions, venturing into the dead heart of Doverton, thinking it’s safe. But they will find out that the legend was only sleeping. Now it’s awake. And ready to kill again.
(less)



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Luckily I came to your site.
    Hope to have a long term relationship.
    Please check my EBooks also.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/INTERVIEW-SUCCESS-Nigel-Armitt-ebook/dp/B00R3K3TRQ

    Ebook Kindle
    "Interview Success”

    • Over 60 interview TIPs
    • ACCESS Over 150 worldwide job sites
    • TOP 20 reasons why employers select
    • TOP 20 reasons why employers reject
    • TOP 20 Q & A interview questions
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...