May 28, 2023

Review Everyone in My Family has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson

 

Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone (Ernest Cunningham, #1)Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

We start out with ‘Ern’, our Narrator Ernest Cunningham / self-published author of guides on how to write crime novels. Ern is joining his family for a reunion at a secluded ski resort in the snowy mountains of Australia. Or course, there is bad weather too In his “how to write”books, he follows Ronald Knox’s ten commandments of crime fiction. Ern takes us through the rules as he reveals his own twisted family story. Most of the family has been mad at him for testifying against his brother, who committed murder, and now they are all reunited 3 years later when his brother is to be released from prison and join them. Hum... how many different ways can this go?

On the first morning, a body is found in the snow. Because of the snow storm, they only have 1 officer on the scene so Ern begins to try to figure out who the murdered man is after his brother is being detained away from the others as soon as he arrives.

This mystery gave me old mystery vibes .. Agatha type stuff. Sherlock ... A few clues here, a few clues there. You do have to pay attention so as not to miss anything important. There is so much going on and twist after twist. I enjoyed this story. There was quite a bit of humor. I enjoyed being in Ern’s head for the journey.

I was given a copy of this book for review purpose of providing an honest review. All opinions are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...