Feb 11, 2012

You Can Be Happy No Matter What

You Can Be Happy No Matter What: Five Principles for Keeping Life in PerspectiveYou Can Be Happy No Matter What: Five Principles for Keeping Life in Perspective by Richard Carlson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book helped me through a very hard time in my life. The writer explained that based on five principles of Thought, Mood, Separate Realities, Feelings, and the Present Moment, and how the reader can use these principles to discover how to focus on everyday joy and inner contentment. The book helped me not to be lead around by my own feelings by introducing me to the idea of separate realities. Positive thinking results in positive feeling & we control our thoughts. This book helps give examples of how to avoid negative thoughts. It shows why they are not even necessary in so many situations because the situation you may think negatively about exists to nobody but you.



The book also discusses thought control & positive thinking in great depth. People see the same situation in different ways and understanding this helps you to have a broader sense of what is happening. People are very "self" oriented & tend to see only their take on a situation when they should consider other people's position before reacting. Or possibly realize they have NO idea what the other people involved are thinking or where they are coming from.



Many situations & examples are given to explain the idea of separate realities. Basically no 2 people can see things the exact same way because we each have our own history or background (baggage). It is useful for anyone to consider this when dealing with others on a daily basis.



I loved the book and the thoughts and ideas helped me through a very stressful time in my life ten years ago. I have held on to the book because I feel that it is one to be read over and again. I purchased this book a few years ago & was no in way paid to give this or any review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...