Feb 11, 2012

The Power of Six ~ Lorien Legacies

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved the movie I Am Number Four, this book takes place after the happenings in the movie. This books takes up where the movie leaves off and discusses both # 4 & #6 (the Loriens from another planet who were sent here as children to be raised in secret). They are young adults now, and need to separate and locate the other numbers to be able to fight the Mogs that are picking them off one by one & plan to take over the world.

The book also introduces one of the other numbers who has been hidden away by her trainer in a small town in a religious house for her lifetime. Her teacher has turned her back on the fact that she was suppose to be teaching & training her for a fight, so the girl is trying to figure things out on her own. She is beginning to get her powers, or legacies. Her helper is trying to pretend nothing is going on & refuses to help the young girl figure things out.

Numbers 4 & 6 separate with 2 different goals & hope to reunite if their missions are successful. Number 6 is going to try to retrieve the newly discovered girl in the small town, while number 4 is going to try to help rescue some people from where he thinks the Mogs are holding people, & possibly other numbers captive. It is essential that they gather remaining members of their group because they know the only chance they have against the Mogs is using all of their combined powers / legacies.

This book is very thrilling and I loved the "I Am Number Four" movie so much I could not wait to see what happened next. There is another book after this one, but I don't know if it has been released yet. This is full of suspense and got me so excited at points I couldn't put it down. I loved it and do not want to ruin the ending, but if you like the movie, you will love this book. I purchased it and was in no way paid to review it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...