May 31, 2012

Review: Capital Girls


Capital Girls
Capital Girls by Ella Monroe

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



CAPITAL GIRLS by Ella Monroe is the first book in a glitzy, fast-paced, fabulous new young adult series set against the backdrop of Washington, D.C. In it, we meet four young women, best friends forever, who must navigate life as the children of some of the most powerful people in the nation. With that life comes not only awesome vacations, beautiful clothes and A-list parties, but also scandal, heartache, danger and the ever-present paparazzi who seem to have a knack for catching them when they're up to something bad!(less)

My review:

I did not particularly like this book. I think the characters were described well enough, but it was hard to find anyone to relate to. It was very clear what Jackie's boyfriend's problem was as soon as you saw he had one, so there was no mystery there. Everyone seemed so " in love" with their deceased friend Taylor's outgoing actions & I do not understand how that in itself was not a constant embarrassment to the president as one of the girl's friends. Apparently the girls, especially Jacki, as girlfriend to the president's son, was under constant watch and all of the girls were constantly being used to better their parent's political careers.

If anything I found the book a little sad that everyone was using, blackmailing, back stabbing, & totally trampeling each other. I also hated the constant throwing around the names of the most important, expensive brands. It seemed a story of horrible parents teaching their children to be horrible adults, but how to cover it up.

Maybe that was the point. It stinks to be the children of politicians & it will twist you too.... But don't let it show.

Nothing really juicy happened, or came out until the end of the book & I was not satisfied that I would have to read the second book just to find out what happened in the first one I struggled through. I think if the two books had been put together into one, then maybe it would have greatly improved the story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...