May 14, 2012

Review: Midnight and Holding


Midnight and Holding
Midnight and Holding by Joyce DeBacco

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This book was several short stories that had a moral type backing... Such as don't work too much, but put your family first. Kind of feel good stories, or realize your life isn't as bad as you may think it is. I enjoyed the short story break, rather than the longer / supernatural stories, or even series books I had been reading. There was a touch of supernatural in these short, refreshing stories. Kind of an Alls well that ends well feeling. They were not extremely exciting, but I did find some humor in the pages as well as good sense people might consider on their daily journey through life.

I personally enjoyed the refreshing, good wholesome type endings. One of the stories is expanded on in a longer book, and I enjoyed these stories enough that I will read the longer book as well. Sometimes it is good to take a break from the fast paced, supernatural, paranormal, mystery that I usually read and slow down with a book more about feelings and real life thoughts and situations. Even though these stories had a bit of supernatural, they were slow paced, easy, calming type reads.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...