Aug 24, 2012

Review: East of Orleans


East of Orleans
East of Orleans by Renee' Irvin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



East of Orleans by Renee Irvin held my interest from page one. This free ARC from goodreads took me back to the 1880's of the deep south where two different women found themselves deeply twisted in a plot of prostitution, drug addiction, gossip, out of wed child birth, and ultimately murder.

One woman raped and pregnant and another freed from prostitution by a man in love with her find themselves with something or someone in common. Although the book was interesting and intense from cover to cover, I often found myself rooting for one of the bad guys who wasn't such a bad guy as I saw it. One of the women sold herself voluntarily and her attitude bugged me, but the story around her was fascinating just the same. I saw her as the bad 'guy'.

The story moved along smoothly and the characters were well developed whether you liked them or not. The ending was heart touching sad & happy both I suppose. I didn't end like I
Wanted for the guy I was rooting for, but it was still a great read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...