Feb 2, 2013

Review: You Better Not Cry: Stories for Christmas


You Better Not Cry: Stories for Christmas
You Better Not Cry: Stories for Christmas by Augusten Burroughs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I read Running With Scissors by this same autho and found it oddly amusing. Parts of this book are down right sad and other parts are hilarious. I've read other reviews & can relate to them thinking Burroughs is selfish, but if we all had to write honestly as he has, who among us does not occasionally have a selfish MEAN THOUGHT.

I like that some of the stories seem to reflect that his attitude and writing is growing up a little as he grows older. I just find some of the stories FUNNY whether they are 100% true or just told with a twist. Funny is funny. I believe this man had a hard time growing up & at least he can laugh about it, & I believe he has occasionally found the rainbow, or at least something useful in his various travels. I think the fact that he writes in itself shows that he had some bravery in him somewhere to have a goal & not just give in & feel sorry for himself like so many people do when they have a bad childhood.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. tried to become a fan on Facebook, but no matter what I search I can not find MoonShineArtSpot on fb, and the link you have here does not work takes me to home feed

    Alice (AJ Manik)

    ReplyDelete

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...