Mar 5, 2014

Review: Precious Thing


Precious Thing
Precious Thing by Colette McBeth

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Review:

I was immediately drawn to this book because of the idea of a sister like, lifelong friend. I loved Rachel's flash backs to the past and how she & Clara grew up & grew to be the best of friends. She described Clara in a very negative way to be such good buddies though. I was first curious about that and could not read fast enough because I was so curious to know what would happen next. I did notice, and get aggravated, that in Rachel's long letter (the book) to Clara that she seemed to say Clara's name in every sentence. It did seem to make more sense at the end.

The book was full of twists and turns that kept my mind churning trying to figure out what was going on. What was Clara's deal. I respected Rachel & felt for her because of her mother's coldness to her as a child and admired that she grew up to be so successful and outgoing.

I was very surprised at the last bit of the book & it is so hard to discuss without spoilers and I hate when people tell you step by step what happens as a review. I'll just say this is a thrilling mix up of pieces you will enjoy putting together. The ending is so twisted, dark, with a touch of nuts that I personally loved it. I am glad I was given a free copy to for an honest review. It is a favorite of mine this month.




Book description:


I know her inside out. I know what she’s thinking, I know what she wants. So I can’t give up on her, she knows I never will.

Some friendships fizzle out. Rachel and Clara promised theirs would last forever.

They met in high school when Rachel was the shy, awkward new girl and Clara was the friend everyone wanted. Instantly, they fell under one another’s spell and nothing would be the same again. Now in their late twenties Rachel has the television career, the apartment and the boyfriend, while Clara’s life is spiraling further out of control. Yet despite everything, they remain inextricably bound. Then Rachel’s news editor assigns her to cover a police press conference, and she is shocked when she arrives to learn that the subject is Clara, reported missing. Is it abduction, suicide or something else altogether?

Imagine discovering something about your oldest friend that forces you to question everything you’ve shared together. The truth is always there. But only if you choose to see it. In Colette McBeth's Precious Thing.(less)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...