Jul 20, 2014

Review: Ghost House


Ghost House
Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I love a good old fashioned ghost story once in a while and I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of this book. I could not wait to sink my teeth into it. I loved the theme, but hated the horrible cliffhanger at the end, although it does offer a promising continuance to the (what I thought was an unfair ending).

I love books about old English homes with old ghosts roaming about. Especially handsome ghosts that make you fall madly in love. The book has an ultimately incredible base idea, but does seem weak in places. For me the overall story makes up for the weaknesses in writing in places. I found my heart thumping in places and broken in other places.

Overall, I liked the book and loved that it got my imagination going and definitely held my interest. It was not a gory, blood & guts book, but there were a few heart racing / breath holding spots that pleased me immensely.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...