Aug 6, 2014

Review: Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000


Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000
Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000 by Dav Pilkey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Description:

When the Incredible Robo-Plunger defeated the evil Turbo Toilet 2000, George and Harold thought their toilet troubles were over. Unfortunately, their porcelain problems were only beginning . . .

Just when you thought it was safe to flush . . .

The Turbo Toilet 2000 strikes back! The carnivorous commode known for devouring everything in its path has built up a real appetite . . . for REVENGE! Join Captain Underpants for another epic showdown of Wedgie Power vs. Potty Power as our tighty-whitey-wearing superhero GOES TO ELEVEN!


Review:

I will admit that when my 9 year old first read one of the earlier books in this series, I looked at the cover & title & immediately thought "Oh no". I assumed the book was crude, rude, and possible inappropriate. I was given this 11th book in the series to read to provide an honest review so my son & I read it together. I was pleasantly surprised that it was more about fun and adventure than anything.

Kids find underpants funny. It's just a fact of life and Dav Pilkey hit the nail on the head with this whole series. The boys, George and Harold, are of course mischievous and always into something, but their hearts are in the right place and the stories provide an abundance of laugh out loud reading. My son loves books that also have even basic / cartoonish illustrations with the story. I say, "Whatever keeps him reading."

Pleasantly surprised and love that books like this keep my 9 year old interested in reading! Great job of keeping kids reading.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...