Apr 17, 2017

Review: Witchtown

Witchtown Witchtown by Cory Putman Oakes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Witchtown because it reminded me of the lighter, fun books I read as a teen. Sixteen-year-old Macie and her mother Aubra are con artists and thieves who have gone from town to town robbing other witch communities - witch havens. I liked Macie, and loved that she wanted to be a better person. The relationships she built in the community were sweet, and made me think of a more innocent time when I would read books like this and think joining a new community could be so welcoming.

I was give this book free for the purpose of providing a review. I enjoyed the lightness of the story after a few complicated books I had just finished. The story is good if you want something about a girl kind of finding her way and finally feeling welcome, wanted, appreciated. I like that friendship is so easily offered to Sixteen-year-old Macie. It's nice to read a calm book that gives you an overall good feeling. The book has some drama and action of course, but nothing so hard hitting that it would be considered "alarming".

Nice, sweet, light action and light drama... Left me with a good feeling about the possibilities of kindness, friendship, and doing the right thing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...