Apr 24, 2014

Review: Wipeout of the Wireless Weenies: And Other Warped and Creepy Tales


Wipeout of the Wireless Weenies: And Other Warped and Creepy Tales
Wipeout of the Wireless Weenies: And Other Warped and Creepy Tales by David Lubar

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Book description:


Welcome to the Weenie Zone! Wipeout of the Wireless Weenies is the seventh collection of scary short stories for middle grade readers by acclaimed author David Lubar.

A boy and his family narrowly escape a zombie apocalypse—or do they? A girl neglects her cat’s litter box and finds herself in a heap of trouble. And a group of clicking, scrolling, tapping wireless weenies find themselves on the edge of disaster.

Here are thirty-three hilarious and harrowing stories that will scare you, make you laugh, or see the world in a whole new way. Find out where the author got the idea for each story at the end of the book.

Don’t be a weenie. Read these stories. If you dare!


MOON SHINE ART SPOT REVIEW:

Wipeout of the Wireless Weenies, by David Lubar definitely rang true on being full of creepy. I obtained this book from the publisher before the release date, free for review, in hopes that my 8 year old would like it too. He isn't up for this type of spook yet, but I know many young boys who are. I loved the creativity in each of the different stories. This was my first David Ludbar creepy reading experience and I had already purchased a different title for my son without realizing it, but will hold off on having him read it a little longer, just because my son isn't as fond of the supernatural gory stories I liked as a child.

If your child likes age appropriate (8-13) gore, gross, creepy, Zombies, and other boogies this would be an excellent read. It reminded me a little of the Goosebumps books, but the stories are short stories and not related. This reading experience has definitely peeked my interest even if my son isn't yet ready we will be keeping an eye on this author's various series.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Giveaway - Disenchanted by Brianna Sugalski

Disenchanted Brianna Sugalski (A Lay of Ruinous Reign, #1) Publication date: January 23rd 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Roman...